Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Lammas Blessing


On this first day of August, I light a candle to honor and celebrate the harvest.


As the Great Wheel turns, I honor the Universe and give thanks for all it has blessed me with this year.


I honor my ancestors, my family, my friends, and all living things.



HO-TAY!


"I think Lammas is a particularly fitting time where we, like the earth, can give our our own fruitfulness in whatever way it seems best to us. And since Yule is when we give to other people, perhaps this is the time when we most apporpriatlely give to the earth which sustains us, and which receives so very little in return." ~ Gus diZerega, Beliefnet


"It is a season of endings and completion, a point between the free and easy times of summer, and the restrictions of winter. The first harvest brings the awareness of the coming winter. Bonfires are lit. Grain dollies made from sheaves of wheat are popular, too. Streamers are woven with the fall colrs of red and orange, and hung on poles...So make a toast to the passing of summer. Celebrate a happy Lammas with family and friends, then begin the work to stock the shelves for the long winter ahead." ~Terry Smith, The Town Talk, Louisiana





No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers From the Pasture

A Tale of Equine Connection        As the morning sun cast its golden hue over the rolling hills, a tranquil scene unfolded at the edge of t...