Friday, March 1, 2024

Divine Oneness

 

At their most golden and fortunate, summer evenings in the Pacific Northwest cast an ethereal glow across the landscape. One such day, with the sun dipping low on the horizon, I found myself in a state of transcendent bliss. I felt deeply connected to the cosmic rhythm of the universe. And it was all thanks to Lokai, my Border-Aussie, whose innate talent for sheep herding unlocked a profound sense of my oneness with all life.

We stood together at the edge of a vast, rolling pasture, the grass swaying gently in the evening breeze. The air was alive with the sound of birdsong and the distant bleating of sheep, a symphony of nature's harmony. Lokai, with his keen eyes and boundless energy, stood poised and ready, his gaze fixed on the flock of sheep grazing peacefully in the distance.

As we stepped onto the field, time seemed to slow to a crawl, each moment stretching out into eternity. My senses were heightened, attuned to the subtlest shifts in the world around me. The earth beneath my feet was alive, pulsing with the heartbeat of the land. The scent of grass and wildflowers filled my nostrils, in intoxicating and invigorating ways.

And then, as Lokai sprang into action, the magic truly began. With a grace and agility that seemed almost otherworldly, he darted forward, his movements fluid and effortless. It was as if he was tapping into some ancient, primal force, drawing upon the instincts and wisdom of generations past.

As he approached the flock, a sense of calm washed over me, a feeling of being in perfect harmony with the universe. There was no need for words or gestures – Lokai and I were connected on a level beyond language, a telepathic link forged by our shared purpose.

With a flick of his tail and a glance in my direction, Lokai deftly herded the sheep, guiding them with gentle nudges and subtle shifts in his body language. It was a sight to behold, a dance of predator and prey, predator and protector, predator and partner.

And as I watched him work, I felt myself slipping into a state of pure presence, a state where past and future dissolved into nothingness, leaving only the eternal now. In that moment, I was not just an observer, but a participant in the cosmic dance of life, connected to all beings and at peace with all things.

The setting sun cast a golden glow over the landscape, painting the sky with hues of orange and pink. In the fading light, Lokai's silhouette seemed to blur and merge with the shadows, becoming one with the natural world around him.

And then, as suddenly as it had begun, the dance was over. The sheep safely gathered in their pen, Lokai returned to my side, his panting breaths mingling with my own. We stood together in the gathering dusk, two souls united in a moment of perfect communion.

As we made our way back home, the sense of peace and harmony lingered, an echo of the cosmic oneness we had experienced together. And though the world may have seemed chaotic and divided, I carried with me the knowledge that, deep down, we are all connected – to each other, to the earth, and to the infinite cosmos beyond. And for that, I was eternally grateful to Lokai, my faithful companion and guide on this journey of discovery. With the sun dipping low on the horizon, I found myself in a state of transcendent bliss. I was deeply connected to the cosmic rhythm of the universe. And it was all thanks to Lokai, my Border-Aussie companion, whose innate talent for sheep herding unlocked a profound sense of our universal oneness with all life.

LOKAI
Illumination's Perpetual Locomotion
Dec.  15, 2009 - May 1, 2023
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers From the Pasture

A Tale of Equine Connection        As the morning sun cast its golden hue over the rolling hills, a tranquil scene unfolded at the edge of t...