As a woman, I feel it is very important to help empower other women. One way we each can begin is by watching the words we choose to use. There was a university study completed a few years ago, focusing on the communication centers of the human brain. The results of the study were that the average woman uses 20,000 (no, that is not a typo) words a day, the average man uses only 7,000. Although a man's brain weighs more and is slightly larger than a woman's, the parts of the brain controlling communication, emotion, healing, nuturing and integration, are larger in a woman's. (That's one of the reasons we are able to multi-task so well! ) Ladies, with that much inherent power, we have a great responsibility to support each other, not tear one another apart. Think of the amazing impact, women, choosing their words with great intention, will have on our world. wow!
In effort to spread that strength and wisdom, here are two sets of words for your reflection. How often do these appear in your daily speech and interactions?
The 7 most disempowering words for women to use -
"sorry", "but", "because", "maybe", "think", "always", "never"
The 7 most empowering words for women to use -
"I", "and", "feel", "request", "choose", "thank", "acknowledge"
Thank you for reading my blog, I wish you a day of strength and courage!
Recognized with a Gold Award from the Coalition of Visionary Resources, The Bloglet of Fire is a chronicle of reflections on life, divination, myth, and the creative subconscious. As a writer and seeker of the esoteric, I share personal insights alongside reviews of books, decks, and metaphysical references that offer clarity in a complex world. This is an invitation to look beneath the surface of the everyday and find meaning in the stories we carry wtih us. Visit amberhighland.com for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Between Assistance and Surrender
AI and the Illusion of Mastery I have been thinking about a passage Rachel Pollack wrote years before any of us were discussing ChatGPT, gen...
-
Into the Labyrinth There are some books you read once. There are others you keep finding your way back into. I first encountered Rachel Poll...
-
Quiet Agreements June 19th marks two years since Lulu joined our family. At the time, I didn’t think I was ready. Two weeks after our bel...
-
November 21, 2025 What can one say about a museum experience that doesn't merely present history but invites you into it, one that engag...
No comments:
Post a Comment