Monday, February 22, 2016

Root Chakra Care

Whew!
Far too much time has passed since I last connected with this blog and shared myself.  Perhaps, though, just the right amount of time has passed.

As I gear up and allow my increased published writing desires to guide me, I have been drawn to boosting my creativity on multiple levels.  To do so clearly and with self-authenticity, I decided to begin thoughtful clearing and activating of my chakras. By utilizing a multi-modal approach, I am delighting in the results.  As with any self examination and healthy detox, the process is not always a smooth journey.  The experience has been rewarding and the results are worth any minor bump that may have been experienced.  My approach to this process has been the utilization of crystals, herbs, food, meditation, sound therapy, and Reiki.  The recipes I will share are ones that have worked for me along the way and may be something you can add to your own personal healthy living toolkit.

Root Chakra Fizz

2 cups spring, filtered or distilled water
3 slices ginger root 
1 teaspoon dried sassafras root
1 teaspoon dried orange peel
1/8 cup honey
1 cup seltzer water

Put the herbs and water into a stainless-steel saucepan. Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat ans let sit for 20 minutes. Strain the herbs out, add honey, stir and let cool. Once the tea has cooled you can add seltzer water and ice.  This recipe easily triples and the tea can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days and add the seltzer water when you are ready to drink it. 

This blend is cleansing and grounding. Ginger root, in Ayurvedic tradition, is called "the Universal Medicine" due to its comprehensive healing properties. Sassafras is a root plant native to the United States known for its cleansing properties. Orange peel contains powerful citrus flavonoids, including hesperidin which has a beneficial effect on blood vessels and aids relief of health problems such as premenstrual syndrome, menopausal changes, varicose veins, high blood pressure and allergies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Holistic Health Support

 Holistic Ways to Support Yourself Through the Seasons      As the seasons shift, so do the rhythms of our lives. Whether it's the tra...